DIET PLAN FOR REGULAR GOOD HEALTH
Humans need a wide range of nutrients to lead a healthy and active life. For providing these nutrients, good nutrition or proper intake of food in relation to the body’s dietary needs is required. An adequate, well balanced diet combined with regular physical activity is a cornerstone of good health. Poor nutrition can lead to reduced immunity, increased susceptibility to disease, impaired physical and mental development, and reduced productivity.
A healthy diet consumed throughout the life-course helps in preventing malnutrition in all its forms as well as wide range of non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and conditions. But rapid urbanization/globalization, increased consumption of processed foods and changing lifestyles has led to a shift in dietary patterns.
- Eat a variety of nutrient-rich foods.
- Match food intake with physical activity.
- Avoid fried, salty and spicy foods.
- Consume adequate water to avoid dehydration.
- Exercise regularly or go for a walk.
- Avoid smoking, chewing of tobacco and tobacco products and consumption of alcohol.
- Go for regular checkups. Check regularly for blood sugar, lipids and blood pressure.
- Avoid self medication.
- Adopt stress management techniques (Yoga and Meditation).
Role of different kinds of food material on health
- Vegetables and fruits in diet
- Different kinds of Fats/oils
- Salt intake
- Whole grains
- Water and beverages
- Processed and ready to eat food
- Instant foods , fast foods, street foods, unhealthy foods
Eat fresh, locally available, seasonal vegetables and fruits.
Eat fresh fruits and raw vegetables as snacks.
- Limiting addition of salt during cooking.
- Not having salt on the table.
- Do not add additional salt to the already prepared dish.
- Limiting the consumption of salty snacks, processed foods (like papads, pickles, sauces, ketchup, salted biscuits, chips, cheese and salted fish).
- limiting the consumption of foods and drinks containing high amounts of sugars (e.g. sugar-sweetened beverages, sugary snacks and candies); and
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.